R.O.C.K. Mat-Su is hosting a rally on March 31st to raise awareness and kick off Child Abuse Prevention Month. April is Child Abuse Prevention Month.
The rally will take place on the corner of Parks Hwy. and Crusey St. on both the McDonald’s and Newcomb Park side from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
This is a nationwide effort to raise public awareness about and take a stand against child abuse and neglect. It is a time to acknowledge the importance of families and communities who work together to prevent child abuse and neglect and to promote the social and emotional well-being of children and families.
Can’t attend the rally? Here are other suggestions:
– Wear blue on March 31st. Take a selfie and posted it on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram using the following hashtags: #CAPAlaska, #GoBlueAlaska, #rockmatsu
– Send out an email to everyone at work, friends, and family, encouraging them to wear blue
– Create a sign and join us!
We must abide by the State of Alaska’s right-of-way guidelines.
• Stay off the train track side of Parks Hwy as there is no sidewalk and the tracks are close by and it is unknown if snow berms are present on that side of the highway, instead stay on the sidewalk side of Parks Hwy.
• Do not interfere with vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
• Do not leave any signs or banners behind after the rally is done.
• Do not park any vehicles along the highway or right of way for the rally.
• No selling or commerce in the State of Alaska right of way.