- This event has passed.
Prevention Training: Talking with Children about Safety from Sexual Abuse®
November 10 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm AKST
Sexual trafficking, also known as the commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC), is any sexual activity involving a child for which something of value is given or promised. Building on the education provided in Stewards of Children®, Darkness to Light’s evidence-based training on preventing, recognizing, and reacting responsibly to child sexual abuse, this training teaches you about the root cause of commercial sexual exploitation and why preventing sexual abuse is important to reducing the risk of children being sexually exploited. It is highly recommended that participants complete Stewards of Children® prior to taking the course.
WHAT ARE THE OUTCOMES?
During the training, you will hear compelling stories from experts and survivors about the commercial sexual exploitation of children.
You will also:
– learn what child exploitation is and what circumstances make children vulnerable.
– learn about the root causes of commercial sexual exploitation directly from survivors.
– understand how preventing child sexual abuse reduces the risk for children being commercially sexually exploited.
– hear about actions adults can take to prevent child exploitation.
– MASKS REQUIRED
– There is no need to officially register for this event.
– No childcare offered on-site.
– This training is good for 1 contact hour of continuing education for social workers, nurses and foster parents.
Contact for more information:
Know of an event you don’t see here? Fill out the Suggest an Event form