Your one-stop hub for things to do in Mat-Su! We post local events, activities, classes, attractions, and more for families, kids, and adults! Fill your weekends with fun things to do near you and weekdays with local educational classes and activities. Don’t forget to subscribe to stay up to date!!
This FREE presentation is open to ADULTS who are interested in learning how to identify and counteract Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) to develop resilient kids.
Registration is not required.
Frequent or prolonged exposure to stress can create toxic stress which can damage the developing brain of a child and overall health. A Survival Mode Response to toxic stress increases a child’s heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, and muscle tension. Their thinking brain is knocked offline. Self-protection is their priority. In other words: “I can’t hear you! I can’t respond to you! I am just trying to be safe!”
Learn How Resilience Trumps ACEs! Parents, Teachers, and Caregivers can help by:
– Gaining an understanding of ACEs and how they affect children’s social, emotional, and cognitive abilities and their connection to a wide range of health problems throughout a person’s lifespan.
– Creating environments where children feel safe emotionally & physically.
– Helping children identify feelings & manage emotions
– Creating a safe physical & emotional environment at home, in school, and in neighborhoods.
– Share ways to build resilience.
Presentation Content Contact: email@example.com
Event Details Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoom Meeting Information:
Meeting ID: 825 7648 0185
Know of an event you don’t see here? Fill out the Suggest an Event form