- This event has passed.
Presentation: ACEs & Trauma Sensitive Practices (Online)
February 3 @ 11:00 am - 12:30 pm AKST
This FREE presentation is open to ADULTS who are interested in learning how to identify and counteract Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) to develop resilient kids.
Frequent or prolonged exposure to stress can create toxic stress which can damage the developing brain of a child and overall health. A Survival Mode Response to toxic stress increases a child’s heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and muscle tension. Their thinking brain is knocked offline. Self-protection is their priority. In other words: “I can’t hear you! I can’t respond to you! I am just
trying to be safe!”
Learn How Resilience Trumps ACEs! Parents, Teachers and Caregivers can help by:
– Gaining an understanding of ACEs and how they affect children’s social, emotional, and cognitive abilities and their connection a wide range of health problems throughout a person’s lifespan.
– Creating environments where children feel safe emotionally & physically.
– Helping children identify feelings & manage emotions
– Creating a safe physical & emotional environment at home, in school, and in neighborhoods.
– Share ways to build resilience.
Presentation Content Contact: email@example.com
Event Details Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Zoom Meeting Information
Meeting ID: 612 709 2270
One tap mobile: +14086380968,,6127092270#
Dial: +1 408 638 0968
Toll-free: 888 788 0099
Know of an event you don’t see here? Fill out the Suggest an Event form