- This event has passed.
Online Presentation: ACEs & Trauma Sensitive
June 16 @ 8:30 am - 10:00 am AKDT
Event by ROCK Mat-Su and Mat-Su Health Foundation
Price: Free · Duration: 1 hr 30 min
Public · Anyone on or off Facebook
This FREE workshop is open to ADULTS who are interested in learning how to identify and counteract Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) to develop resilient kids.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/join
Meeting ID: 963 0471 4448
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,96304714448#,,,,*872449# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,96304714448#,,,,*872449# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (D.C)
Find your local number: https://matsuk12-us.zoom.us/u/keu7gtx0re
Join by Skype for Business
Frequent or prolonged exposure to stress can create toxic stress which can damage the developing brain of a child and overall health. A Survival Mode Response to toxic stress increases a child’s heart rate, blood pressure, breathing and muscle tension. Their thinking brain is knocked offline. Self-protection is their priority. In other words: “I can’t hear you! I can’t respond to you! I am just trying to be safe!”
Learn How Resilience Trumps ACEs! Parents, Teachers and Caregivers can help by:
– Gaining an understanding of ACEs and how they affect children’s social, emotional, and cognitive abilities and their connection a wide range of health problems throughout a person’s lifespan.
– Creating environments where children feel safe emotionally & physically.
– Helping children identify feelings & manage emotions
– Creating a safe physical & emotional environment at home, in school, and in neighborhoods.
– Share ways to build resilience.
Presentation Content Contact: Michelle.Boyden@matsuk12.us
Event Details Contact: email@example.com
Know of an event you don’t see here? Fill out the Suggest an Event form