Connect Mat-Su is a physical and virtual space for information, referral, and social connection. Staff work to ensure that all Mat-Su residents have what they need to thrive physically, mentally, and emotionally. Through partnership with the MEA Charitable Foundation (Operation Roundup), the Basic Needs Support Fund was created to fill the gaps in services for basic needs that other service providers are not able to support.
By providing financial support to meet the basic needs of our clients we believe we will be able to address issues beyond basic needs and truly assist the client with what they need to live a healthy life.
Basic needs, as defined by Connect Mat-Su include, but are not limited to the following:
- Rental/housing assistance/emergency shelter
- Utility assistance (electricity, gas, cell phone, and Internet)
- Baby supplies
- Medication refills
Individuals are eligible to receive assistance 2x per calendar year, not to exceed 1500.00 annually.
Clients who wish to access this funding must agree to the following:
- Have a need as identified by Connect Mat-Su staff
- Submit an application and complete a needs assessment with a Connect Mat-Su staff member
- Have exhausted all other resources available in the community
- Sign an release of information (ROI) allowing Connect Mat-Su to verify information with other resource providers in the community
- Agree to contact referrals for additional resources to meet the needs identified in the assessment of need (i.e., If job training is an identified need, client will contact the referred provider for job training.)
- Agree to participate in the follow-up process with Connect Mat-Su to assure that identified needs are met
To learn more about the Basic Needs Support Fund call 907.373.2628 to speak to a community resource specialist.